Monday, March 18, 2013

Houses

Today I worked in Room 5. I am going to work in Room 5 exclusively this week (with the exception of Friday- they have school pictures!). I hope that the kids will be interested in continuing the project. Susan got together a lot of maps, and we are hopefully going to work and play with those tomorrow. (I have just as much to learn from the maps as they do! San Francisco is, although phenomenal, huge!)  I am realizing that my real project lies in the means, not the end. No matter the final result, as long as the kids have fun and learn it will be a success. I am confident that this is achievable! Today I also looked at a few past projects that had been done earlier in the year set up in the classroom. My favorites included: dipping toilet paper rolls into paint to make circles on paper, decorating fans from Japan Town (which is only a block from the school), painting using brush bottles filled with watercolors, making 3-D sculptures with paper on a canvass, and putting paint on bubble wrap and then rolling it over a paper. It's the last week of internship already, I can't believe how fast it has flown by! I definitely will never forget this experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment