Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Lessons to Remember

Today I worked with Room 3. I knew the kids from working with them last Tuesday. They did the same activity as the twos yesterday involving painting on different textures and raised surfaces like egg cartons and paper towel rolls. We also read quite a few stories today.We read a very cute one about bullying that I think would be helpful required reading for some middle schoolers and high schoolers. It dawned on me how imperative pre-k education is. A study that we recently looked at in my Humanities class shows a strong correspondence between elementary school achievement and high school achievement. It would be interesting to analyze social characteristics in a similar study. The emotions of these kids I have noticed are very outer-personal, or cause/effect. They develop independence as they grow. I hope to continue the project with the 5's soon!







1 comment:

  1. Martina~
    Your photos are incredible! You do such a beautiful job of documenting your journey with the kiddos. I think that the visuals do an amazing job of expressing the experience you are having. Love, love, love your blog. Hope you are having fun. :)
    ~Molly

    ReplyDelete