Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Picture Day

Today Room 5 was a bit chaotic because it was picture day, and it didn't help that it was on the verge of raining. Taking pictures of kids is really hard because they don't always cooperate, and getting everybody to get into place, stay still, look at the camera, and smile proved a huge challenge. The photographer and I used puppets to make them smile. Another event that took place today was Music Class, which I had only been to once before. The teacher, Annette, began with a song about a robin, and had a stuffed toy robin as a visual. Then they explored more striking and shaking instruments including bongo drums, alligator-shaped clickers, lollipop drums, maracas, tambourines, and clapping with their own hands. I now also have quite the portfolio of art given to me by the kids; I'm really going to miss them!

No comments:

Post a Comment